PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRACTITIONER ONLY SUPPLEMENT. IF YOU ARE PURCHASING THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND HAVE NOT BEEN ADVISED BY A HEALTH PRACTITIONER TO USE THIS PRODUCT, WE WILL NEED TO CONTACT YOU TO DISCUSS APPROPRIATE & SAFE USE BEFORE DISPATCH. PLEASE SUPPLY YOUR CONTACT DETAILS.
Metagenics Vitamin D3 1000IU capsules are for strong bones and immune health.
- Maintain healthy immune function.
- Assist calcium absorption for healthy bones.
- Provides 1000IU of vitamin D3 per capsule
Ingredients: Each 0.25 mL dose contains:
|Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3)||25μg Equivalent Vitamin D3 1000IU|
Dose: Adults Standard Recommendation - take 1 capsule = 1000iu daily with food or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Adults Therapeutic Dose:
Take 4 capsules = 4000iu daily with food until pathology test is 150 then half dose for maintenance.
- Maintains healthy immune function: Vitamin D has been shown to play an important role in regulating the immune system. 1,25 (OH)2D3 suppresses most elements of the adaptive immune system whilst inducing most elements of the innate immune system. By inducing the innate immune system, vitamin D enhances the response to both bacterial and viral agents, by promoting differentiation and activity of macrophages. Vitamin D has also been shown to influence the cytokine production of immune cells, supressing the release of IL-2, IFN-y and TNF-α, the products of the TH-1 line of cells.
- Vitamin D helps calcium absorption: Vitamin D is involved in the efficiency of intestinal calcium absorption and also in the parathyroid hormone regulation of serum calcium levels. In a low vitamin D state, the intestine absorbs 10% – 15% of dietary calcium compared to 30% to 40% with adequate vitamin D levels.
- A meta-analysis of 12 randomised controlled trials has shown vitamin D to reduce the risk of fractures in the elderly. Vitamin D significantly reduced the risk of hip fracture by 26% and non-vertebral fracture by 23%. Alongside adequate calcium consumption, vitamin D may help to reduce the risk of falls that leads to fractures, by playing a role in musculoskeletal function. Vitamin D has been shown to have direct effects on muscular function, modulated by specific vitamin D receptors present on human muscle tissue. In a separate, double-blind RCT, vitamin D taken with calcium significantly improved musculoskeletal function, reducing the amount of falls in older adults by 49% over 3 months.