PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRACTITIONER ONLY SUPPLEMENT. IF YOU ARE PURCHASING THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND HAVE NOT BEEN ADVISED BY A HEALTH PRACTITIONER TO USE THIS PRODUCT, WE WILL NEED TO CONTACT YOU TO DISCUSS APPROPRIATE & SAFE USE BEFORE DISPATCH. PLEASE SUPPLY YOUR CONTACT DETAILS.
Metagenics Inflavonoid Sustained Care is for management of pain and mild inflammation. The ingredients in this formula have traditionally relieved arthritis pain resulting from mild inflammation. Other benefits seen include assistance with nerve and muscle pain while also supporting a reduction in the body's inflammatory response.
- BCM-95TM has been supported by two clinical trials - for rheumatoid and osteoarthritis - and four bioavailability studies.
- BCM-95TM turmeric and BosPure® boswellia, in combination, have been found to significantly reduce pain and joint tenderness in patients with osteoarthritis: A randomised, controlled trial supplemented 28 osteoarthritic patients with BCM-95TM and BosPure® in combination. Over the course of 12 weeks, 93% of patients saw an improvement in symptoms including pain, walking distance and joint tenderness. Devil’s claw exerts antinociceptive effects and Jamaica dogwood may alleviate pain by supporting local blood flow and inhibiting inflammatory enzymes.
- Anti-inflammatory and tissue integrity: BosPure® boswellia exerts an anti-inflammatory action via inhibition of the 5’-lipoxygenase enzyme and down-regulating TNFα.8,1Boswellia also reduces the cartilage degrading enzyme matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3), while devil’s claw inhibits MMP-2 and nitric oxide (NO) to protect against inflammatory joint destruction.9 BCM-95TM turmeric exerts its anti-inflammatory action in a number of areas throughout the inflammatory cascade. BCM-95TM inhibits NF-ƙB, reduces transcription of inflammatory genes such as COX-2 and inhibits proinflammatory compounds including IL-6, IL-8 and MMP-3.
|Curcuma longa, rhizome dry (BCM-95® Turmeric)||4.2g|
|Boswellia serrata, gum oleoresin dry(BosPure® Boswellia)||1.5g|
|Harpagophytum procumbens, root dry (Devil’s claw)||867mg|
|Piscidia piscipula, root bark dry (Jamaica dogwood)||250mg|
Metagenics Inflavonoid Sustained Care is free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Dose: Acute adults - Take 3 capsules twice daily morning and night, with food.
Maintenance dosage for adults - Take 1 capsule in the morning and 2 at night, with food
- Willow bark: it is generally not advised to use salicylate-containing medicines in pregnancy, as there is positive evidence of harmful effect on the foetus with salicylates, although no direct restrictions are known for willow bark. Use only under medical supervision.
- Capsicum: it is recommended to avoid due to possible uterine stimulant effects. Also, observational research suggests that intake of raw capsicum peppers during pregnancy is associated with an increased risk of sensitisation to inhalant allergens in children by the age of 2 years.
- Willow bark - is not advised during lactation as salicylates are excreted in breast milk and may lead to hypersensitivity reactions. Use only under professional supervision.
- Capsicum - sometimes leads to dermatitis in breast-fed infants when mothers ingest foods heavily spiced with capsicum peppers.